July 18, 2009

High Water

I came across these kids playing in the river from the vantage point of a bridge while waiting on kayakers from the Broad River Outpost to come by for an assignment about water recreation about a month ago. The kids ended up being much more interesting than the kayakers. Getting peoples names for cutlines is frequently a challenge, but this was the first time I had to scream at full volume to get them. 


061909_waterRec1bw2_kl
Blake Hataway slides down a rock into the Broad River Friday, June 19, 2009, in Danielsville.

061909_waterRec03_kl
From right Blake Hataway, Scott Fagan, and Garret Shead slide down a rock into the Broad River Friday, June 19, 2009, in Danielsville.

061909_waterRec06_kl
Garret Shead soaks in the sun on a rock at Broad River Friday, June 19, 2009, in Danielsville.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See everytime I try that kids think they are in trouble and run away. And then if I chase them they think they are really in trouble and run even faster . And I don't run very fast anymore. I think I am going to invest in a small bullhorn. It would have duel purpose use, of course, so I could be quite clear when letting my neighbors know at 3 am that they are being TOO LOUD, but would still get enough use at work I could write it off on my taxes.

Anonymous said...

Also, if I turned in photos like these, my boss would say "Whats this artsy fartsy crap?!" and he would not run them unless we were super pressed for art for the next day.

I am jealous of your artsy fartsy crap.

Kelly Lambert said...

Ha yes a bullhorn sounds like a great idea.
I'm sorry to hear your desk is anti-artsy fartsy. Luckily we have some people that understand the importance of an eye-catching image even if it means being a bit weird.