November 05, 2010

Football Fridays: Holt vs. Brookwood

Darkest. Field. EVER. I went to Holt High School last week and was in a wildly good mood. The atmosphere was fantastic, the people friendly, the rivalry intense. It was a great night for football. The only drawback was the light levels on the field. I later joked with my sister that it was like a few people were just shining flashlights. I always bring a flash with me to games just in case I need it although I rarely do. Always. This was literally the only high school game I've ever shot where I didn't bring a flash and it was the darkest field I've ever seen in my life! Of course, right? I was shooting my D300s at ISO 6400 with a crazily low shutter speed of like 1/180 to 1/250 for the most part and my pics were still under exposed. I even popped my on camera flash a few times. After getting a few usable pictures I decided to play with panning just because why not. I got one decent pan which made me happy.


Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Brookwood's Damien Higgins (22) breaks away from Holt's (54) in the 2nd quarter Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Members of the Holt JROTC carry the flags before the Holt vs. Brookwood football game Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Holt's Corey Young waves to the crowd as the Ironmen head through the stands to the field to face the Brookwood Panthers Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Brookwood's Jesse Reach (51) brings down Holt's John Hood (7) in the first quarter Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Brookwood's Damien Higgins (22) breaks loose on a run trailed by Holt defenders in the 2nd quarter Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Holt coach Tim Gillespie yells to his players from the sidelines during the Holt vs. Brookwood football game Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Holt's Cavoris Corder (13) attempts a 2-point conversion, but is stopped by Brookwood defenders during the 2nd quarter Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- Brookwood quarterback Anthony Herren battles for yardage as Holt defenders Jarvis Scott (25) and John Hood (7) try to bring him down in the 2nd quarter Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.

Holt Ironmen VS. Brookwood Panthers
10-29-10 -- Tuscaloosa, Ala. -- The Brookwood Panthers' mascot dances on the field during the runout before the Holt vs. Brookwood football game Friday Oct. 29, 2010 at Holt High School.



No comments: