July 26, 2009

Athens' Strongest Man

In the phone conversation I had with Orlando Green before my photo session with him I asked him what he typically wears to his strongman competitions. He said he wanted to wear one of his company's shirts for the photos. I said that I wanted to make sure his muscles could be seen. He laughed and said it shouldn't be a problem. When I arrived and first caught sight of the 6-foot tall, 220 lb strongman I had to laugh too, because no t-shirt could conceal this guy's He-Man build. The guy was HUGE! He also has a huge heart and huge goals. Read his story here.

071109_OrlandoGreen5_kl
Athens strongman Orlando Green poses next to a 700-pound tire used in the tire flop event.
Green, a Clarke Central graduate, created the Classic City Strongman Club and plans to open a training facility in Oconee County.

071109_OrlandoGreen6_kl


Photobucket

No comments: