July 15, 2009

I want a snow cone damnit!

I worked my first ever 4th of July weekend this year. It was hard to watch everyone else kicking back for some swimming, snow cones, beer, and laughs with family & friends. Meanwhile, I was lugging 30-lbs of equipment, working on a crazy deadline, stressing because I had no signal, and suffering the pain of a near ripped-off pinky toenail. I felt kind of bitter to be honest. That was all the night of the 3rd. On the actual 4th a directions mishap caused me to miss the parade I was going to shoot. I shot a neighborhood barbeque instead. It was one of those days where everyone I photographed was the type of person that makes you feel good about humanity.  It turned out working the holiday weekend was worth it to give those families a newsprint memento for life. 


Photobucket
Fireworks light up the sky over Lake Russell during the 13th Annual Elbert County Fireworks Show Friday July 3, 2009, at Richard B. Russell State Park in Elberton.

Photobucket
Boston Graham, 2, plays with bubbles on the beach at Lake Russell before the 13th Annual Elbert County Fireworks Show Friday July 3, 2009, at Richard B. Russell State Park in Elberton.


Photobucket
Fireworks light up the sky over Lake Russell during the 13th Annual Elbert County Fireworks Show Friday July 3, 2009, at Richard B. Russell State Park in Elberton.



Photobucket
Drew Bowen claps in his wagon at the end of the Green Acres/ Crestwood Community July 4th Parade Saturday in Athens.


Photobucket
Kenzie Horton, 2, leaps into the arms of her mother Kim Horton during a July 4th barbeque to raise money for The Sea Turtles swim team Saturday at the Green Acres-Crestwood Community Pool.


Photobucket
Will Beeson, 9, stuffs a hotdog in his mouth during a July 4th barbeque at the Green Acres-Crestwood Community Pool Saturday in Athens.

No comments: