September 10, 2009

Clash of the Jags and Wildcats

Last week I was asked to shoot something of the Cedar Shoals Jaguars' defensive line, one of the top d-lines in AAAA ball in Georgia, and the top-notch running backs of the Apalachee Wildcats. The teams would be facing off the upcoming Friday night. I went to both of the schools in the same afternoon and tried to get something similar of each group. For one of the shots I had the guys run right at me as I was on the ground shooting. I told them to just jump over me if they have to, but to come right at me. I wish I had brought more lighting equipment and really done it up right. Either way, it was a lot of fun for all parties involved. They completely got into it. So often athletes feel shy or embarrassed as their teammates heckle them as I'm photographing them. With a whole group and such an active shoot it was very relaxed and the guys really let down their guards. That Friday night the running backs prevailed when the Wildcats gave the Jaguars their first loss of the season with a 12-6 victory.

Photobucket
Cedar Shoals' defensive line from left KeyAnthony Mitchell, Charmarcus Pittard,Travonta Burgess, and Caleb Miles (left)
Apalachee running backs from left Jon Lee, Reggie Battle, Christian Hord and John Ansley

Photobucket


1 comment:

Kristin L. Walters said...

Aww, they do look like they're having fun!