December 29, 2009

Net Trust

I had a sportrait a couple weeks ago of the ABH's volleyball player of the year Darby Rogers. It was great shooting a sport besides football because it was a cinch to come up with a new photo idea. Darby and her coach thought I was nuts when I told them I was going to wrap her in a net. It didn't help matters that poor Darby had to do her photo shoot right next to a boys basketball team practice. I'm sure she thought I was going to horribly embarrass her as I started draping the net around her shoulders. Luckily she trusted me enough to go with it and luckily liked the way the photo turned out. Oh and I should mention that the brilliance of preps editor Jeff Cochran contributed to the idea.

120909_vb_Rogers_kl
Oconee County setter Darby Rogers is the 2009 Athens Banner-Herald Volleyball Player of the Year.

No comments: