February 09, 2010

Lady Dogs vs. South Carolina

Sunday I watched the Georgia Lady Dogs get outpaced, out shot, and out played in every way by underdogs South Carolina. I'm approaching my last assignment in Georgia Sunday when I'll be shooting the Lady Dogs and my Alma Mater Alabama for AP. Fitting that it should be a battle between Georgia and Alabama since it is those places I've been torn between for so long. I predict Alabama is winning based on my analogy.
Today was my first day not working for the Athens Banner-Herald. Yesterday I almost forgot since it was my normal off day, but today not getting up to go to work felt...strange. It took me most of the day to get motivated to do any packing. As real as this has become it still somehow doesn't feel it. I'm ready for the next few weeks to pass and for new life to get underway. This limbo feels uncomfortable already.



South Carolina Georgia Basketball
South Carolina's Ashley Bruner (21), left, battles for a rebound with Georgia's Jasmine Hassell in the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

South Carolina Georgia Basketball
Georgia's Ashley Houts, left, and South Carolina's Samone Kennedy scramble for a loose ball in the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

South Carolina Georgia Basketball
Georgia's Ashley Hout takes a shot during an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

South Carolina Georgia Basketball
Georgia coach Andy Landers screams at a referee over a call during his team's 52-42 loss to South Carolina in an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

South Carolina Georgia Basketball
Georgia fans dressed in colorful fullbody leotards dance in the stands during a timeout of the Georgia Lady Dogs 52-42 loss to South Carolina in an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

South Carolina Georgia Basketball

South Carolina Georgia Basketball

South Carolina Georgia Basketball
South Carolina's Valerie Nanima (31) shoots over Georgia's Ashley Houts (1) during South Carolina's 52-42 win in an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010. Houts was called for a foul on the play.

South Carolina Georgia Basketball
South Carolina's Ashley Bruner (21) and Ieasia Walker (14) run off the court after their 52-42 win over Georgia in an NCAA college basketball game in Athens, Ga., on Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

No comments: