November 06, 2009

GAMEDAY: Call to Action

This week the Gameday cover story features some of the players with big potential who have gotten little to no playing time yet. They might get their chance in this week's gimme homecoming game against Tennessee Tech. I photographed 3 guys I'd never met before. One of them had apparently gotten in trouble and was running extra drills as me and the other two players waited. The only thing I knew going into the shoot was that the story was about "reserves." This immediately gave me the idea to try to line the guys up in some kind of military fashion. I wanted them to look as similar as possible, but goofed a bit with the lighting on Marlon Brown. I didn't get quite what I was looking for, but think it lent itself well to headline ideas.

110409_Gameday_reserves_kl
Georgia football players from left wide receiver Marlon Brown, defensive end Montez Robinson, and tailback Dontavius Jackson

GAMEDAY-reservesSM
Design layout by Chad Clark

Check out the full GAMEDAY section
HERE.

No comments: