August 02, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

On occasion I take my Shih-tzu Lewis to the office with me. He is a social butterfly and has charmed  several of my co-workers. Last week the business editor Don Nelson  came to me with an idea to use Lewis in a photo-illustration about slow business during the "dog days of summer." I went back and forth on how to execute this thing. I even toyed with trying to include my other dog Chloe, but decided it would be too chaotic. Once I knew what I wanted I went shopping. I found some purple Hannah Montana sunglasses at Wal-mart. Then at K-mart I found an adorable child's beach chair on clearance. I searched the store for something to use as a table when I came across a cooler that was the perfect height. I dug up an old margarita glass I got at Mardi Gras, then added in a beach towel, swirly straw, salt, and lime, and was good to go. Now all I had to worry about was my model cooperating. Once in the studio I must say Lewis was easier to work with than some people I've photographed. He only knocked his sunglasses off twice and never budged from the chair. I think Lewis needs to have his own greeting card line. Is he not just the cutest thing you've ever seen??

Photobucket
Lewis Lambert

3 comments:

Daniel Shirey said...

Haha, nicely done Kelly, I love it.

Megan said...

YES! Amazing! Love it!

Kristin said...

My nephew, the star! I agree that he needs his own greeting card line. The one tooth sticking out seals the deal.