August 05, 2009

Georgia Bulldogs practice reel

It is a rare occasion that I will volunteer to shoot video over stills. Today was one of those days. I've shot the Georgia Bulldogs' first day of practice 2 years straight. It is a wondrous day for the Georgia fans peering over the practice field wall, however, for the media it is a day of waiting, sweating, and ass busting. This year I decided it was time to pass the buck and also do something different by trading in my 3 Nikon camera bodies for a single video camera. It was so great! It was much easier than lugging all that gear. Oh, and did I mention that videographers are only allowed to be there the first 3o minutes?? Yes, while the still photographers stay 3 hours in the August heat trying to hit a list of targets, those lucky videographers work fast and hard and take off to edit. I remembered how grueling the last two years of shooting practice were, so much so, that I drove and picked up my co-worker who was doing the stills and brought her gatorade. Never underestimate the power of gatorade.



No comments: